The Legal Renewables Initiative
Join leading LSA firms and make the commitment to
getting to 100% renewable energy by 2025.
Inspired by and modelled in part upon RE100, the LSA Legal Renewables Initiative Getting To 100% asks members to make a commitment to switching their UK offices and premises to certified 100% renewable electricity by 2025. The initiative is supported by Good Energy.
Many LSA members have policies and practices in place around energy use and carbon reduction so the next logical step is to focus on renewable supply and to work towards our collective Net Zero goals as a nation through adopting renewable tariffs for domestic energy supply.
For a useful starter guide on all your need to know about Green and Brown tariffs check out this blog from Forbes
LSA members may already be on green tariffs provided by large energy suppliers, which is great and definitely a step in the right direction.
However, some of these tariffs are not what they seem – they may not be wholly sourced from renewables. Some providers buy energy which has been sold and recertified on the wholesale market so is not from 100% renewable sources. If you are purchasing a green tariff from a mainstream company, the majority of whose supply is from fossil fuel sources, then you may be better switching to a fully renewable company.
To find out about greenwashing and to make sure your tariff isn’t brown badged as green check out the facts click here
How to join the Legal Renewables Initiative
Joining is easy. All you need to do is:
- Make a public commitment to going 100% renewable for your electricity supply for UK locations and offices by 2025 – preferably from a 100% renewables energy company
- Demonstrate a willingness to share green energy ideas and information with staff and employees to encourage shifting attitudes at home as well as at work
- Focus your organisation on energy saving and reduced consumption to help drive down carbon and climate impacts
- Be a member of the LSA
As part of this initiative LSA members can benefit from:
- Advice and information around energy saving, reducing consumption and awareness raising through the LSA – including seminars and events
- The opportunity to use ‘Legal Renewables Initiative’ branding and logo on your website and internal communications
- A clear commitment to green energy that shows your staff, stakeholders and clients that you are serious about reducing your climate impacts
There is currently a huge amount of volatility in the energy market, so as a prudently run supplier, Good Energy is not currently quoting for new business customers. Whereas many suppliers who left the market since October 2021 took risks by pricing below cost, Good Energy has over 20 years’ experience in trading energy, and is well hedged and financially and operationally sound.
Good Energy’s priority at the moment is providing customers with 100% renewable electricity and a sustainable service that supports them to meet their zero carbon goals. The company is constantly reviewing the position of the energy market and hopes to welcome more business customers in the future.
For more information about the energy market and its impact on prices, please visit Good Energy’s website.