UK’s Leading Environmental Law Conference, hosted by UKELA, 28th-30th June.
UKELA’s Annual Conference remains the UK’s leading environmental law conference. Now in its 32nd year, our conferences attract a broad range of professionals and students and eminent speakers from across the globe.
Our speakers and plenary sessions spread over two days will cover the critical topics coming across your desk right now and you will have plenty of insights and news items to take back and share with your colleagues and clients after the conference. Our plenaries will address:
- Who is responsible for environmental protection: individuals or regulators?
- What are the environmental issues impacting businesses and directors today?
- What are the latest developments in public health and what proactive measures can be taken to improve the urban environment and the lives of those living in them?
- Regeneration of industrial heartlands – how remediation can transform and create aspirational places
- The ever-popular updates on the latest key court cases and other legal updates that you need to know about
- Greentech and innovation – what is blockchain and can it help fight climate change? What are Sheffield-based businesses doing in the greentech space?
- Finally, we will consider the environmental implications of Brexit and what’s happening in the US and elsewhere
In addition to the formal content, there will be ample time for networking, seeing some of the local attractions and enjoying the social programme that we have put together.
FRIDAY MENTAL & PHYSICAL KICK-START SESSIONS: Why not join us from Thursday evening to be part of our well-being sessions bright and early the next morning. We will be offering yoga and pilates sessions as well as the opportunity to go for a run in the local park and take a brisk morning walk to the conference sessions each morning.
NOTE: The Conference starts promptly at 11.20am on Friday morning
And finally, if the rich social and legal content is not enough, then prepare to be wowed at our Gala Dinner on Saturday evening. This year, we are heading to one of Sheffield’s premier locations, the Cutlers’ Hall – a magnificent Grade 2 listed building home to the Company of Cutlers, responsible for the growth of local industry.
We look forward to seeing you in Sheffield! Further details about the conference, including how to book can be found on our website: https://www.ukela.org/annual-conference