The Legal Renewables Initiative – Getting to 100%
Join leading LSA firms and make the commitment to getting to 100% renewable energy by 2025.
Inspired by (and modelled in part upon) RE100, the LSA Legal Renewables Initiative – getting to 100% ask members to make a commitment to switching their UK offices and premises to certified100% renewable electricity by 2025. The initiative is supported by Good Energy.
Many LSA members have policies and practices in place around energy use and carbon reduction so the next logical step is to focus on renewable supply and to work towards our collective Net Zero goals as a nation through adopting renewable tariffs for domestic energy supply.
But don’t just take our word for it – hear from LSA member Kitsons about their experience Click here
LSA members may already be on green tariffs provided by large energy suppliers, which is great and definitely a step in the right direction.
However, some of these tariffs are not what they seem, they may not be wholly sourced from renewables. Some providers buy energy which has been sold and recertified on the wholesale market so is not from 100% renewable sources. If you are purchasing a green tariff from a mainstream company, the majority of whose supply is from fossil fuel sources, then you may be better switching to a fully renewable company.
To find out about greenwashing and to make sure your tariff isn’t brown badged as green check out the facts Click here
Home working benefits for staff
There has never been a better time to switch to a renewable provide, and the LSA is delighted to be working with Good Energy, an ethical business offering 100% renewable, non-nuclear UK sourced energy. They are also offering LSA members some extra special benefits if they sign up to the Legal Renewables Initiative – including £100 credit for every employee who switches their home to Good Energy’s domestic tariff. When so many of us are working up this is a great way to help your staff ease the extra costs of working from home.
How to Join the Legal Renewables Initiative
Joining is easy, all you need to do is:
- A public commitment to going 100% renewable for your electricity supply for UK locations and offices by 2025 – preferably from a 100% renewables energy company
- A willingness to share green energy ideas and information with staff and employees to encourage shifting attitudes at home as well as at work
- A focus on energy saving and reduced consumption to help drive down carbon and climate impacts
- Membership of the LSA
As part of this initiative LSA members can benefit from:
- Advice and information around energy saving, reducing consumption and awareness raising through the LSA – including seminars and events
- The opportunity to use ‘Legal Renewables Initiative’ branding and logo on your website and internal communications
- A clear commitment to green energy that shows your staff, stakeholders and clients that you are serious about reducing your climate impacts
In addition, Good Energy are offering LSA members some extra benefits if you choose to buy or switch suppliers in the future
- A dedicated support and customer service from Good Energy
- Preferential pricing for both commercial and domestic supply, including employee discounts on domestic supply
- A guarantee that all energy supplied comes from 100% UK renewable (non- nuclear) sources
Good Energy have lots more information about their work and our partnership – click here for more
For a useful starter guide on all your need to know about Green and Brown tariffs check out this blog from Forbes
Firms who have joined the LRI to date:
- Allen & Overy
- Blaser Mills Law
- Burges Salmon
- Clyde & Co
- Deighton Pierce Glynn
- Doughty Street Chambers
- Eversheds Sutherland
- Irwin Mitchell
- Minter Ellison
- Moore Blatch
- Oxygen House
- Slaughter and May
- Taylor Wessing
I would like to sign up my organisation for the Legal Renewables Initiative – please get in touch with me