LSA Symposium – Public health and legal Principles
Date:07/11/2019 - 13.00 - 17.00 pm BST - Hosted by Norton Rose Fulbright
Location:Norton Rose Fulbright, 3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ
A Fresh Approach to Environmental Protection and Social Justice
Run in conjunction with the public health and law working group of UKELA, this half day symposium brings together academics, health professionals and leading lawyers to discuss and debate two main themes ‘public health and social responsibility’ and ‘how legal principles can act as the architect of change’. We will hear from our speakers and have a chance to break into discussion groups before closing with drinks and canapes.
- Dr Yiannis Kountouris – Environmental Economist, Imperial College: “Human health and the relationship with the environment – exploring socioeconomic consequences of greater public health and social responsibility towards the environment”.
- Dr Audrey De Nazelle – Environmental Scientist, Imperial College: “Pollution and health inequalities – creating sustainable cities”
- Dr Lasana Harris, Experimental Psychologist and Social Scientist, UCL, “Humanising the Environment: Describing the role of Anthropomorphism in Environmentalism
- Stephen Tromans QC: “Time for a New Environmental Principle: the Public Health and Wellbeing Principle”
- Kate Metcalfe: “Achieving Environmental Justice Through Feminist Principles”
- Caroline May – Partner Norton Rose: “The role and responsibility of law firms in achieving change”
This free to attend event has limited places available so don’t delay.Register